reduce 的 2 个定义
- to bring down to a smaller extent, size, amount, number, etc.: to reduce one's weight by 10 pounds.
- to lower in degree, intensity, etc.: to reduce the speed of a car.
- to bring down to a lower rank, dignity, etc.: a sergeant reduced to a corporal
- to become reduced.
- to become lessened, especially in weight.
- to be turned into or made to equal something: All our difficulties reduce to financial problems.
- Cell Biology. to undergo meiosis.
make less; decrease
reduce 的近义词 54 个
- cut down
- scale down
- cut back
- go on a diet
- lose weight
- mark down
- roll back
- slow down
- step down
- take off weight
- taper off
- tone down
- turn down
- wind down
reduce 的反义词 20 个
- Facebook is also today reminding users of its rules to reduce the spread of groups tied to violence.
- So in addition to reducing emissions at home, we need to make it likelier that those countries will reduce their emissions, too.
- Google announced at the start of September it would reduce the visibility of search terms shown in reports for advertisers.
- Now Israel can claim it has more friends in the region, possibly reducing the pressure on it regarding its relations with Palestinians.
- In an interview with VOSD’s Scott Lewis this week, a top aide to Mayor Kevin Faulconer noted that the estimate now includes a 45 percent contingency and could be reduced as general contracting firm Kitchell digs in further.
- Having a criminal record can reduce the likelihood of getting a callback or job offer by 50 percent.
- We kind of reduce things to the lowest common denominator, in some ways for good and in some ways not for good.
- Heat the rum in a small skillet over medium until reduce by half.
- Like background check laws across the country, it will help keep guns out of dangerous hands, reduce gun crime, and save lives.
- The studio took him at his word and jumped at the chance to close down, or at least reduce, his costly operation.
- However, in the visit that I shall make in this archbishopric, I shall try to reduce them to as few settlements as possible.
- He will rattle on in Spanish till Herr S. gets desperate, and tries to reduce him to order.
- This would reduce the available time for direct manual labour at his disposal.
- I will take care to reduce the weight if possible, so as to be carried on the backs of mules.
- But a bank can retain a dividend that has been declared to reduce the indebtedness of the owner to the bank for his stock.