enlarge 的 2 个定义
- to make larger; increase in extent, bulk, or quantity; add to: They enlarged the house by adding an east wing.
- to increase the capacity or scope of; expand: We've decided to enlarge the company.
- to make larger than the negative by projecting the negative's image through a lens onto photographic printing paper.
- to grow larger; increase; expand.
- to speak or write at large; expatiate: to enlarge upon a point.
make or grow bigger; increase
enlarge 的近义词 44 个
- add to
- beef up
- blow up
- give details
- grow larger
- jack up
- jazz up
- make larger
- slap on
enlarge 的反义词 24 个
- The next time you have a group chat, all the thumbnails will stay the same size, though you can still double-tap on a tile to enlarge it.
- President Eisenhower protected ANWR in 1960, and President Carter enlarged it to its current size in 1980.
- A look underground revealed that workers rebuilt the house, enlarging its gardens considerably after a massive earthquake in 62 CE.
- The revised plans elevate roadways by as much as five feet, enlarge detention ponds, increase storm-water pipelines, and strengthen bridges.
- Their perspectives enlarged by profound loss and empathy, they built a more just, collective future.
- The Great Society is a place where every child can find knowledge to enrich his mind and to enlarge his talents.
- Find a lonely voice and enlarge its significance—“one expert thinks there are no true human tails.”
- There are no elections this year so, so for the moment the government does not need to enlarge its popular base.
- God shall enlarge Japheth, And he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; And Canaan shall be his servant.
- Economists should therefore help to enlarge the time horizon, as a contribution to the public good.
- I should love to enlarge on these things, but a sense of proportion and propriety restrains my pen.
- The value and use of guano are now so well understood, that it is scarcely necessary to enlarge on the mode of its application.
- It is well, however, to enlarge our view as to the age of the earth by such efforts as have just been indicated.
- Let us enlarge our minds to grasp it, that we may, to some extent at least, conceive its greatness and appreciate its beauties.
- Tessa ran back to her pansies; Mrs. Wadsworth had found a theme to enlarge upon for the next half hour.