shorten 的 2 个定义
- to become short or shorter.
- to decrease.
shorten 的近义词 30 个
- cut back
- cut down
- blue pencil
- boil down
- cut to the bone
- make a long story short
- put in a nutshell
shorten 的反义词 12 个
- The second shortened the amount of time laid-off employees have to decide whether they want to come back.
- Advertisers followed through on their plans to negotiate options to cancel a higher amount of their committed ad dollars and to shorten the deadlines for when cancelation requests need to be submitted before a quarter begins.
- The tools Cleveland uses are meant in part to shorten the throwing motion.
- Response times shortened vastly as Mayo Clinic and these partners focused on an immediate shared goal.
- The 20th amendment was ratified to shorten the period between the presidential election in November and the inauguration, which had been in March.
- “In some cases, it has taken 15 days to report the deaths and circumstances, which I would like to shorten to 48 hours,” she said.
- We have to shorten the distance between inevitable and inconceivable.
- Just like nobody is going to tell David O. Russell to shorten American Hustle (138 minutes).
- A new study says living in the South will shorten your life.
- We have to overturn Citizens United and shorten the campaign season.
- The law still branded as conspiracy any united attempt of workingmen to raise wages or to shorten the hours of work.
- If your neighbor seems disposed to shorten the time by conversing, do not be too hasty in checking him.
- In spite, however, of the strong wind, neither the smugglers nor those on board the cruiser appeared inclined to shorten sail.
- On the 15th of May Mr. Tennyson submitted a motion for leave to introduce a bill to shorten the duration of parliaments.
- The committee decided to run up signal to shorten course and conclude at the first round.