lop 的 3 个定义
- to cut off from a tree or other plant.
- to cut off from a person, animal, etc.
- to cut off the branches, twigs, etc., of.
- to cut off branches, twigs, etc., as of a tree.
- to remove parts by or as by cutting.
- parts or a part lopped off.
- the smaller branches and twigs not useful as timber.
- He was dubbed Jack the Lop Ear and has become somewhat of a local celebrity.
- Lop off the endnotes and bibliography, and The Measure of Manhattan is barely 300 pages.
- For a summer cut her mother would lop off the braids, leaving her with a chic bob for the warmer months.
- Meanwhile, mortgage modifications and foreclosures continue to lop off mortgage debt.
- A lop-sided power structure gives everyone the wrong incentives.
- Good place to lop about, y' know; a decent place to sit, and a few books and cards and that sort of thing.
- The doors and the holes for windows are crooked and lop-sided as they would be in a childish attempt.
- The first I knew, Lop-Ear had shrunk away to one side and was crouching low against the bank.
- The first morning, after my night's sleep with Lop-Ear, I learned the advantage of the narrow-mouthed caves.
- Lop-Ear was a year older than I, but I was several times angrier than he, and in the end he took to his heels.