truncate 的 2 个定义
- to shorten by cutting off a part; cut short: Truncate detailed explanations.
- Mathematics, Computers. to shorten by dropping a digit or digits: The numbers 1.4142 and 1.4987 can both be truncated to 1.4.
- Biology. square or broad at the end, as if cut off transversely.lacking the apex, as certain spiral shells.
- In other instances, when encountering an extremely long title, we might select the most relevant portion rather than starting at the beginning and truncating more useful parts.
- The 2020 season had been truncated, axed to half-length by the same damn pandemic that cut everything short.
- It’s impressive to score more than 100 points any year in hockey, but to do it in a pandemic season that has been truncated by over 30 games is unreal.
- The NHL playoffs have a different format this year due to the truncated regular season.
- Then, Schwarzenegger leveraged the truncated recall campaign period to woo the state into choosing him as its chief executive.
- Something traumatic causes a person to truncate himself or herself in that way.
- This seems to have been the form present to Rostafinski when he wrote "columella truncate."
- The upper margin of the cephalothorax is not rounded, but truncate.
- Front margin truncate, sides almost straight, lower margin slightly convex, smooth and shiny and provided with many short hairs.
- Upper edge almost truncate, yet rounded; sides evenly convex, lower edge almost straight.
- Valve convex on dorsal side, apices dilated and truncate; stri distant at centre.