allow 的 2 个定义
- to give permission to or for; permit: to allow a student to be absent;No swimming allowed.
- to let have; give as one's share; grant as one's right: to allow a person $100 for expenses.
- to permit by neglect, oversight, or the like: to allow a door to remain open.
- to permit something to happen or to exist; admit: to spend more than one's budget allows;a premise that allows of only one conclusion.
permit an action
allow 的近义词 46 个
- be big
- be game for
- free up
- give a blank check
- give carte blanche
- give leave
- give permission
- give the go-ahead
- give the green light
- go along with
- grant permission
- hear of
- hold with
- live with
- pass on
- put up with
- sit still for
- take kindly to
allow 的反义词 19 个
- At the beginning of the pandemic, the FDA took the unprecedented step of allowing companies like Legere’s to distribute antibody tests that were not authorized by the agency.
- The environmental group has also called on the administration to tighten the 2019 regulations on surface expressions, which explicitly allowed steam fracking.
- Memphis Rox also offers a pay-what-you-can cost structure that allows participants to offset normal gym fees with volunteer hours at the gym or a local charity.
- For the more ambitious, backpacking in the dunes and nearby mountains is also allowed—but by permit only.
- As one former employee put it, “they were HUGE cash cows” that allowed the network to lower costs paid to outside companies.
- This week, Florida became the 36th state to allow same-sex marriage.
- First, they allow Paul to siphon off attention from whichever potential candidate is making news.
- By contrast, a gun will allow a pilot to attack hostile forces that are less than 300 feet from friendly ground forces.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow the dates to soften, about 15 minutes.
- Allow beans to cool completely then remove to a paper towel-lined plate to dry.
- This treacherous sort of calm, we thought, might forbode a storm, and we did not allow it to lull us into security.
- I cannot believe that a good God would create or tolerate a Devil, nor that he would allow the Devil to tempt man.
- I allow we shan't never set eyes on ter her, Jos. I've got jest thet feelin' abaout it.
- It would not do to allow his son to do anything that would upset his dignity, though he loved him very much indeed.
- I never see sech hosses; 'n' they're jest like kittens; they've ben drefful pets, I allow.