tangle 的 3 个定义
- to bring together into a mass of confusedly interlaced or intertwisted threads, strands, or other like parts; snarl.
- to involve in something that hampers, obstructs, or overgrows: The bushes were tangled with vines.
- to catch and hold in or as if in a net or snare.
- to be or become tangled.
- Informal. to come into conflict; fight or argue: I don't want to tangle with him over the new ruling.
- a tangled condition or situation.
- a tangled or confused mass or assemblage of something.
- a confused jumble: a tangle of contradictory statements.
- Informal. a conflict; disagreement: He got into a tangle with the governor.
tangle 的近义词 37 个
- tie up
- drag into
- foul up
- make a party to
- mess up
- mix up
- muck up
tangle 的反义词 22 个
- Say goodbye to tangles—this 19-inch, three-tier design allows you to easily store necklaces of a variety of shapes and sizes.
- Meyer, who founded The Commons Project Foundation last year, says that as they began building the coronavirus platform, they realized that the confounding tangle of regulations was a major obstacle to reviving travel.
- Similarly, in subatomic physics, renormalization tells physicists when they can deal with a relatively simple proton as opposed to its tangle of interior quarks.
- You can fish this setup as a hand line, but tangles are inevitable.
- Tenet’s Labor Day weekend release, then, faces a tangle of uncertainty.
- The process was a maddening tangle of unreliable tracking, delays, and confusion, the family member said.
- The tangle of enormous fake diamonds resting on top of her cleavage sparkles at every flashbulb.
- It was litigation as entertainment—a farcical tangle of events that titillated a ready, willing, and able country.
- Pettet threw his head back and laughed as he recounted his tangle with the police.
- The profession remains a knotty tangle of influences and causations and aggravations and insurers.
- You only misunderstand each other, and with a little good will on both sides you can easily get out of your tangle.'
- She went and stood at an open window and looked out upon the deep tangle of the garden below.
- I saw three kinds of sea-tangle, but could only obtain a specimen of one, resembling that which I had seen in 44° South lat.
- George jerked his peaked cap from his head, revealing a tangle of unkempt red hair.
- The orchard ran down a slope of perhaps half an acre to the ferny tangle of the brook bed.