peace 的 3 个定义
- the normal, nonwarring condition of a nation, group of nations, or the world.
- an agreement or treaty between warring or antagonistic nations, groups, etc., to end hostilities and abstain from further fighting or antagonism: the Peace of Ryswick.
- a state of mutual harmony between people or groups, especially in personal relations: Try to live in peace with your neighbors.
- Obsolete. to be or become silent.
peace 的近义词 22 个
peace 的反义词 15 个
- peace and quiet
- at peace
- hold one's tongue (peace)
- keep the peace
- leave someone in peace
- make one's peace with
- make peace
- California counties can start dealing with mail-in ballots 29 days before the election, but even if your state waits longer or doesn’t tally them until election day, it may still help your peace of mind to get it in early.
- Since 2013, police officers have issued 83 tickets against people for speech that supposedly breaches the public peace.
- The government claims they’re necessary for keeping the peace, particularly in areas like Kashmir, where there are regular outbreaks of violence.
- The first two of those for the obvious purpose of keeping the peace.
- Make sure you have peace of mind at home and on the go with renters coverage from American Family Insurance.
- Domestically, the prime minister maintains the dubious line that he is the only man who can keep the still-fragile peace.
- They called for peace, reconciliation, and the safe return of Father Gregorio.
- The question is will we see regime changes in both Hamas and Israel that embrace a lasting peace?
- But without any peace talks on the horizon, everyone is now left to their own devices.
- At Christianity Today, Peter Chin claims Christians should preach peace instead of bogging down in the particulars of race.
- My son,” said Grabantak one evening to Chingatok, “if we are henceforth to live in peace, why not unite and become one nation?
- Impressed by the lugubrious scene, Aguinaldo yielded, and the next day peace negotiations were opened.
- Above all, he was amazed to hear me talk of a mercenary standing army in the midst of peace and among a free people.
- And it was no light task, then, for six hundred men to keep the peace on a thousand miles of frontier.
- O death, how bitter is the remembrance of thee to a man that hath peace in his possessions!