mess 的 4 个定义
- a dirty, untidy, or disordered condition: The room was in a mess.
- a person or thing that is dirty, untidy, or disordered.
- a state of embarrassing confusion: My affairs are in a mess.
- to make dirty or untidy: Don't mess the room.
- to make a mess or muddle of: They messed the deal.
- to supply with meals, as military personnel.
- to treat roughly; beat up: The gang messed him up.
- to eat in company, especially as a member of a mess.
- to make a dirty or untidy mess.
- mess around / about Informal.to busy oneself without purpose or plan; work aimlessly or halfheartedly; putter.Informal.to waste time; loaf.Informal.to meddle or interfere.Informal.to involve or associate oneself, especially for immoral or unethical purposes: His wife accused him of messing around with gamblers.Slang.to trifle sexually; philander.
- mess in / with to intervene officiously; meddle: You'll get no thanks for messing in the affairs of others.
- mess up, to make dirty, untidy, or disordered.to make muddled, confused, etc.; make a mess of; spoil; botch.to perform poorly; bungle: She messed up on the final exam.
mess 的近义词 27 个
- every which way
mess 的反义词 11 个
- mess around
- mess up
- mess with
- get into trouble (a mess)
- make a hash (mess) of
- The upcoming US presidential election seems set to be something of a mess—to put it lightly.
- Cleanup also has to be simple, because when your vehicle is full, even small greasy messes can create big problems.
- “I just thought it was extremely odd to, say the least – just a way to mess with the homeless and those that need the discount,” Sheetz said.
- Work and life were colliding in ways that it was impossible to stay organized and looking at the mess while I was watching TV on the couch was making me more stressed out.
- Make the easy into a festering mess of sweat and cursing and they’ll mosey along.
- Texas has always had a sense of place—that is why we are told not to mess with it.
- It was being the riskiest studio in Hollywood that got Sony into this mess in the first place.
- In fact, that candy store is heavy industry, with all the mess that entails.
- There was The Brittany Murphy Story, dubbed a “colossal mess” by reviewers.
- “The idea was to mess with the concept of Christmas,” recalled John Law, an original Cacophony member.
- If Wee Willie Winkie took an interest in anyone, the fortunate man was envied alike by the mess and the rank and file.
- And yet they tell me he was a pleasant enough fellow in the Mess, this Brigadier, and liked good cooking.
- Coming back along the well-beaten sandy track, my heart sank to see our mess tent still lit up at midnight.
- Coming back found mess tent brilliantly lit up and my staff entertaining their friends.
- I shall make an unholy mess of things if I'm left alone, and if you like I'll keep you on here.