- a state of utter confusion or disorder; a total lack of organization or order.
- any confused, disorderly mass: a chaos of meaningless phrases.
- the infinity of space or formless matter supposed to have preceded the existence of the ordered universe.
- the personification of this in any of several ancient Greek myths.
- Obsolete. a chasm or abyss.
chaos 的近义词 23 个
- holy mess
- rat's nest
chaos 的反义词 12 个
- Amid the chaos, Robinhood and other trading platforms blocked investors from purchasing GameStop for a time, and then set limits to the number of shares customers could purchase.
- In Chandrasekar’s paintings, chaos and order don’t merely coexist but actually harmonize.
- He clutched law enforcement tight as he argued that his presidency was in essence the only barrier between order and chaos.
- Dev Patel’s turn in “The Personal History of David Copperfield” might have been somewhat overlooked by viewers at home due to the film being released amid pandemic chaos, but Andy Samberg certainly caught their attention with Hulu’s “Palm Springs.”
- Last week, broad anxiety over the consequences of the market chaos and worrying economic data fueled widespread losses.
- He needed his art because, offstage, the chaos was sometimes too much.
- The excitement of the event and everything else was just chaos, so you're suddenly like: 'Actually it's a boy in the end.'
- Jackson was a poor disciplinarian whose classroom often seemed on the edge of complete chaos.
- Perhaps, as one cardinal recently complained, the chaos is the plan.
- Meanwhile, their Missouri hometown appears to be on the brink of chaos.
- There's Madame Ratignolle; because she keeps up her music, she doesn't let everything else go to chaos.
- Take all the little fishergirls away from Paris—from the Quartier Latin—and you would find chaos and a morgue!
- On coming into London, we found the streets in a condition of chaos, owing to repairs in the pavement.
- The combined forces of Sheridan and Wright attacked the troops of Early and drove them from the area in great chaos.
- I had to make, of course, another expedition to Jaffery's chambers, in order to restore to order the chaos that Doria had made.