far piece 的定义
Chiefly Midland and Southern U.S.
- a considerable distance: They moved a far piece from here.
far piece 近义词
等同于 country mile
- So far, all the players seemed to be willing to wait their turn.
- The well, ghost or no ghost, is certainly a piece of history with a bold presence.
- As far as I can tell, this magazine spent as much time making fun of French politicians as it did of Muslims or Islam.
- How far has Congress really evolved on race when in 50 years it has gone from one black senator to two?
- But sources said that the evidence so far is pointing away from an ISIS connection.
- However, they were not seen to venture far into the surrounding deciduous forest.
- Suddenly, however, he became aware of a small black spot far ahead in the very middle of the unencumbered track.
- I assure you, no matter how beautifully we play any piece, the minute Liszt plays it, you would scarcely recognize it!
- I was busy loading the piece when an exclamation of surprise from one of the men made me look up.
- In the evening, St. Peter's and its accessories were illuminated—by far the most brilliant spectacle I ever saw.