size 的 3 个定义
- the spatial dimensions, proportions, magnitude, or bulk of anything: the size of a farm; the size of the fish you caught.
- considerable or great magnitude: to seek size rather than quality.
- one of a series of graduated measures for articles of manufacture or trade: children's sizes of shoes.
- to separate or sort according to size.
- to make of a certain size.
- Metallurgy. to press to close tolerances.
- Obsolete. to regulate or control according to a fixed standard.
- size up, Informal. to form an estimate of; judge: They sized him up with a look.to meet a certain standard: He doesn't size up to my expectations.
extent or bulk of some dimension
size 的近义词 41 个
size 的反义词 4 个
- size up
- cut down (to size)
- pick on (someone your own size)
- take down a notch (to size)
- that's about the size of it
- try on (for size)
- What this lacks in size and storage capacity, it makes up for in portability.
- There are some other compromises that you’ll have to make for that small size, as well.
- Based on their value proposition and size, there can also be data analytics departments involved, web development teams, etc.
- Finally, for better visual stability, Google recommends using size attributes for images and videos and loading content from the top.
- To do that, we have to look at things like “effect sizes” of previous studies and translate them into pandemic-relevant metrics.
- Families stuff a life-size male doll with memories of the outgoing year and dress him in their clothing.
- In 2013, with a similar-size budget but more detainees, the cost worked out to about $2.7 million per detainee.
- Then make it clear that there will be no bailouts, not that there will be bailouts up to this or that size.
- The report detailed such techniques as "rectal rehydration" and the use of coffin-size confinement boxes.
- As I size up the scene, Jack White now wears the crown … and he wears it well.
- Truth is a torch, but one of enormous size; so that we slink past it in rather a blinking fashion for fear it should burn us.
- But just wishing never made anyone larger or taller, not even a pig, and Squinty stayed the same size.
- The great park which surrounded it was one of the most celebrated in all England, celebrated alike for its size and its beauty.
- All were of small size, and in good part devoted to spirited political discussion.
- A girl of forty-two weeks showed the same excitement at the sight of a life-size painting of a cat as at that of a real cat.