- any plant of the genus Linum, especially L. usitatissimum, a slender, erect, annual plant having narrow, lance-shaped leaves and blue flowers, cultivated for its fiber and seeds.
- the fiber of this plant, manufactured into linen yarn for thread or woven fabrics.
- any of various plants resembling flax.
flax 的近义词 52 个
- knock off
- take care of
- beat up
- get the better of
- let have it
- put away
- shoot down
- shut down
- take down
- triumph over
- wipe out
- wipe the floor with
flax 的反义词 12 个
flax 的近义词 40 个
- knock out
- plow under
- run roughshod over
- take it all
- take to cleaners
- work over
flax 的反义词 10 个
- Use gluten-free all-purpose flour, vegan butter and flax eggs, and brush with oat milk rather than an egg wash.
- For the flax eggs, combine 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds with 5 tablespoons of water.
- Seek out varieties that include seeds—like flax, chia and sesame—which add nutrients including omega-3s and protein.
- Menstrual Cramps—Eat two tbsps of flax seeds during your period because of their hormone balancing lignans and phytoestrogens.
- These include ground flax seeds for breakfast, pomegranate juice, green tea, tomato sauce, fatty fish, and physical exercise.
- Some of the cut grass looks as if it were Flax spread out to rot, and all of it evinces a want of shelter.
- Flax is a great staple of the North of Ireland, and three fourths of it is beaten flat to the earth.
- The bruised reed he shall not break, and smoking flax he shall not quench, he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.
- Twelve of these ropes were used, about nine inches thick, some of them being made of flax and others of papyrus.
- Catharine smiled and kept on spinning flax till her visitor entered.