- a dull-witted, stupid, or ignorant person; dolt.
- This time, Super Duper Loser Kevin Dopart suggested perhaps a dunce cap, or a jester’s hat, with the title “Clowning Achievement.”
- But such branding ostracizes that behavior, like the film should be forced to wear a dunce cap and publicly shamed in the corner.
- The penalty for a miss is the same as in the sprint (Dunce Lap).
- Like the pursuit, there are four stops for shooting, but in lieu of a Dunce Lap each miss adds a full minute to your total time.
- If you miss you have to hit the 150m penalty loop, or as I like to call it, the Dunce Lap.
- There are two shooting stops, one prone, one standing, Dunce Lap penalty for misses.
- Pedantic, unimaginative and presumptuous, Theobald was the logical choice for a Dunce King in 1728.
- Tyndale himself, who invented such beautiful words in his translations, was the first to use the word dunce.
- I'm afraid from this you'll guess that I must have been a dunce at school myself.
- Tutors I could get by shoals, but a fellow-dunce is inestimable.'
- He had no mercy on a fool or a dunce, and turned in disgust from those who loved trifles and lies.