imbecile 的 2 个定义
- Informal. a dunce; blockhead; dolt: Don't stand there like an imbecile. Open the door!
- Psychology. a person of the second order in a former and discarded classification of intellectual disability, above the level of idiocy, having a mental age of seven or eight years and an intelligence quotient of 25 to 50.
very stupid person
- He pointed to unvaccinated people who are “clogging” up overwhelmed hospitals, calling them “imbeciles” and “nut jobs” and suggesting that doctors and nurses not treat those who have not taken a coronavirus vaccine.
- Of all the problems in this country, that is what this imbecile is focused on.
- I was hooked: Beckham was a brilliant imbecile, and England was my squad.
- In his youth, however, though too imbecile for study or for business, he was not incapable of being amused.
- He just wrote things, things that he thought were adequately imbecile, and shot them into letter-boxes.
- Good people, especially good women of the old type, would all counsel the imbecile sacrifice.
- Imbecile children are to be kept in the workhouse till they are five years old, and may then be sent to the asylum at Darenth.
- You, poor imbecile, who carry under your hauberk four relics blessed by the Pope!