- a dull, stupid person; blockhead.
- He cursed himself inwardly for a fool and a dolt—the more pitiable because he accounted himself cunning above others.
- I've employed here in Paris a dolt of a lawyer, to whom I give twenty francs every time he opens an eye, and he is always asleep.
- So obvious a one that only the veriest dolt could be deceived by it.
- Sir George, that angel, who deserved the first monarch in the universe, to be cast off by an undiscerning dolt!
- This man Le Caille will fight bravely, but he is a sorry dolt to have the conduct of brave men.