- a gymnastic apparatus consisting of two wooden or metal balls connected by a short bar serving as a handle, used as a weight for exercising.
- a stupid person.
- To add weight, use a loaded trap bar, wear a weight vest, hold a kettlebell in front of your chest in the goblet position, or hold dumbbells at your sides.
- Slowing down at each dumbbell helps González evaluate and connect to his breath in the midst of physical exertion and fatigue, a process he carries over into his surfing.
- If it’s a dumbbell shape, a trained bat climbs onto the platform and gets a treat.
- Instead they’ve opted to buy their own fitness equipment, from dumbbells to high-end gear, at times creating shortages of items such as stationary bikes.
- If you don’t have any dumbbells at home, you can amp up the intensity of bodyweight exercises by using one limb instead of two, says Ken Look, club sports athletic trainer at Stanford University.
- In the first place, they were pulling six gees by using a primitive dumbbell configuration.
- It was the shape of a dumbbell—two spheres joined together by a short middle bar.
- And hanging on patrol over this polar basin were two more of the dumbbell ships.
- Above it, they caught a flicker from the forest of masts and the glint from a dumbbell ship.
- Of unusual shape, both round and flat, so a cross-section looks like a dumbbell with angular ends.