- Informal. an utterly foolish or senseless person: If you think you can wear that outfit to a job interview and get hired, you're an idiot!
- Psychology. a person of the lowest order in a former and discarded classification of intellectual disability, having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25.
very stupid person
- If he says he’d much rather see you having sex with your ex, he’s an idiot.
- The only way you become not an idiot is learning why you were an idiot.
- I mean, when I hear the word “Dad,” what that means is, I’m an idiot.
- He’s our unquestioned leader and, you know, we’re not idiots.
- So I wanted them to see a more human aspect of me, and not just that I’m some idiot doing things that they don’t agree with.
- By Monday evening, it had been leaked to the blogger The Two-Bit Idiot, who published it on the Web.
- Over the next few months Davy Rothbart will be touring around America to promote his new book, My Heart Is an Idiot.
- My Heart Is an Idiot: Essays By Davy Rothbart A young essayist is often a victim of his own open heart.
- In honor of ‘Our Idiot Brother,’ opening Friday, watch 11 dumbest movie brothers, from Fredo to Bart Simpson.
- (“Ooh, she looks so cute,” whispered one upon sighting Zooey Deschanel, who also stars in My Idiot Brother).
- “There are plenty of others, and the way they refute one another is to me a constant source of delight,” said the Idiot.
- “I think I can spot the sender,” said the Idiot, fixing his eyes sternly upon the Poet.
- “On the modern business principle that to accomplish anything you must work on a large scale,” said the Idiot.
- “To make the appeal stronger, let me take the month of July, which is now on,” resumed the Idiot.
- I guess he was a cousin of yours, all right,” laughed the Doctor; “that scheme bears the Idiot brand.