- a fool or simpleton.
- He might read a lesson to many a two-legged prig, were the bipedal nincompoop capable of learning it.
- That young Welsh nincompoop imp has his eyes everywhere; his ears are always open.
- And now because a monstrous piece of good luck has made a Crichton of him, you begin to regret the nincompoop!
- If he hinted that a certain new comer impressed him unfavorably, the nincompoop was summarily kicked out of society.
- The heavily-loaded wagon of the nincompoop and the virago was almost constantly mired.