- a dull-witted or stupid person; dolt.
- "I'll take charge of this, Captain Dobson," he brusquely informed the red-faced numskull.
- And Trenchard, understanding at last, accounted himself a numskull that he had not understood before.
- Deadest numskull I ever saw—ain't even got sense enough to load up a stove.'
- "You're talking nonsense, you numskull," said Fleischmann, withdrawing and turning toward the wall with the pictures.
- One night while we were away that old numskull Thornbury was doddering about the passages very late.