- limitation or restriction.
- repression of natural feelings and impulses: to practice constraint.
- unnatural restraint in manner, conversation, etc.; embarrassment.
- something that constrains.
- the act of constraining.
- the condition of being constrained.
- Linguistics. a restriction on the operation of a linguistic rule or the occurrence of a linguistic construction.
- The resulting annual bill was enormous, though USPS has skipped billions in payments since 2010, according to the USPS Office of Inspector General, citing financial constraints.
- Some of the strongest constraints you have on those models are within the solar system, because we understand gravity so well here.
- Production constraints and supply hoarding could complicate manufacturing.
- Researchers have been warning for months that production constraints and hoarding could limit Covid-19 vaccine supplies.
- The payoff was a liberating and original way of viewing your own society, denuded of its specialness and its constraints.
- “They kept saying there was a time constraint, I had to make a decision,” she said.
- In short, Mr. Obama feels no constraint in faithfully executing the laws as written by the Congress.
- Gravity is transformed from the constraint that holds us dully to Earth into the power that lets us fly.
- Immigration is even less "easy", because the main constraint on foriegn doctors is not visas, but residency slots.
- We need to be prudent; in an era of budget constraint, I think it will turn out that little fixes will have the greatest payoff.
- In that case, Valerie, you shall suffer no constraint; you shall continue here as you have done.
- Austerity banishes familiarity from family life and engenders constraint.
- His gestures, his manner, showed trace of it in a certain constraint, a sort of hesitating distrust.
- At lunch Susan, between Liosha and Jaffery, became the centre of attention and saved conversation from constraint.
- So, after a little constraint and coldness, he began to stand in much the same relation to him as before.