- a condition of the bowels in which the feces are dry and hardened and evacuation is difficult and infrequent.
- Informal. a state of slowing down, sluggishness, or inactivity.
- Obsolete. the act of crowding anything into a smaller compass; condensation.
- People with this disorder experience frequent bouts of diarrhea or constipation.
- Now is the winter of our discontent, having barely recovered from the autumn of our constipation.
- Doctors say this is why constipation is one of the drugs’ most common side effects.
- Chickweed can also be used as an anti-itch poultice for irritated skin or eaten to relieve constipation.
- It gauges the risks of that crew member having anything from constipation to a heart attack.
- In addition to the “high,” there is pain relief, but also nausea, constipation, and slowed breathing.
- After a few days of bad food and early nights, I began to get terrible constipation.
- Simple constipation and diseases of the large intestine alone do not increase the amount of indican.
- Rounded scybalous masses are common in habitual constipation, and indicate atony of the muscular coat of the intestine.
- Besides, he suffered from constipation and feelings of depression.
- It serves to give bulk to the food, and thereby possibly acts as a preventive to constipation.
- Constipation is taken care of along the same lines as mentioned elsewhere in this book.