trammels 的 2 个定义
tram·meled, tram·mel·ing or tram·melled, tram·mel·ling.
- to involve or hold in trammels; restrain.
- to catch or entangle in or as in a net.
trammels 的近义词 23 个
trammels 的反义词 20 个
- The most correct method of drawing an ellipse is by means of an instrument termed a trammel, which is shown in Figure 83.
- Trammel, tram′el, n. a net used in fowling and fishing: shackles for making a horse amble: anything that confines.
- There was no cult of seamanship, no dead wall of prejudice to trammel modern naval developments.
- The coronation oath, they said, was never intended to trammel him in his legislative capacity.
- That which is progress to-day, may it not one hundred years hence have become mere routine, and a downright trammel?