church 的 2 个定义
- a building for public Christian worship.
- public worship of God or a religious service in such a building: to attend church regularly.
- the whole body of Christian believers; Christendom.
- to conduct or bring to church, especially for special services.
- South Midland and Southern U.S. to subject to church discipline.
- to perform a church service of thanksgiving for.
religious institution, building
religious belief, group
- Science got its start when the likes of Galileo and Copernicus claimed that the church, the state, even Aristotle, could no longer be trusted as authoritative sources of knowledge.
- I was actually at church when that … I woke up the next morning.
- Wherever they were, they always voted — in fire stations, churches, their retirement community.
- He escorted her downstairs to get a list of churches and other nonprofit groups that could help her gather enough money.
- One such change occurred on November 27, 2011, when the church attempted to unify the world’s English-speaking Catholics by having them all use the same wording.
- The Via Dolorosa ends at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, and is marked by nine stations of the cross.
- Church bells pealed from St. Catherine of Siena parish one block away.
- If they returned to their church, they would be spared a second attack.
- The church was not happy with his views, and there was talk of excommunication.
- In a 2009 interview, Church apostle Dallin H. Oaks held that the Church “does not have a position” on that point.
- Among the Perpendicular additions to the church last named may be noted a very beautiful oaken rood-screen.
- The east window in this church has been classed as the A1 of modern painted windows.
- He, with others, thinking the miss-sahib had gone to church, was smoking the hookah of gossip in a neighboring compound.
- The cathedral is the only Spanish parochial church; it cares for two thousand four hundred souls.
- The Indians should have a suitable church of their own, and Serrano recommends that the king provide one for them.