mission 的 2 个定义
- a group or committee of persons sent to a foreign country to conduct negotiations, establish relations, provide scientific and technical assistance, or the like.
- the business with which such a group is charged.
- any important task or duty that is assigned, allotted, or self-imposed: Our mission is to find the child a safe home.
- of or relating to a mission.
- noting or pertaining to a style of American furniture of the early 20th century, created in supposed imitation of the furnishings of the Spanish missions of California and characterized by the use of dark, stained wood, by heaviness, and by extreme plainness.
person's task, responsibility
- I think we need a new agency whose sole mission is fire risk reduction.
- If that’s the core mission, stopping the growth engine is the worst thing you can do, you end up treading water.
- NASA already has two prospective Venus missions in the works.
- America has successfully launched national innovation missions time and again.
- I didn’t care where I had to look—I was on a mission for the National Zoo.
- We knew that many academics today would consider our mission naïve.
- As the fight raged on, Ahmed and the three women fighters who were part of the mission, sent out calls for help.
- Some pilots consider the infrared marker to be crucial to the close air-support mission to support ground troops.
- I asked him to describe the U.S. mission that will likely revert back to the embassy it was more than a half century ago.
- His deficiencies and self-doubts, amid his epochal mission of liberation, are precisely what make him interesting.
- The sad end of the mission to King M'Bongo has been narrated in the body of this work.
- Martini was on his mission to Vienna; but another valet was put into the chariot to support the Duke.
- The result of this mission was eminently successful; a special treaty was drawn up and Spain sold Louisiana to France.
- The conclusion is reached that, despite these drawbacks, the Jesuit mission in Canada has made a hopeful beginning.
- Naturally the conversation fell on the all-absorbing topic of the day and the object of his mission.