chapter house 的定义
- Ecclesiastical. a building attached to or a hall forming part of a cathedral or monastery, used as a meeting place for the chapter.
- a building used by a chapter of a society, fraternity, sorority, etc.
chapter house 近义词
- This Congress will welcome more women than ever before at 19 percent of the House and 20 percent of the Senate.
- Even internally in the House, women are not getting their fair shake.
- He then provides some insight into his psyche - complete with Animal House reference.
- Even the arguably more democratic House is only at 10 percent black members.
- While 19 percent of the House is female, just one woman will get to chair one of its 20 committees.
- It was a decayed house of superb proportions, but of a fashion long passed away.
- A Yankee, whose face had been mauled in a pot-house brawl, assured General Jackson that he had received his scars in battle.
- On the thirteenth of the same month they bound to the stake, in order to burn alive, a man who had two religious in his house.
- Old Mrs. Wurzel and the buxom but not too well-favoured heiress of the house of Grains were at the head of the table.
- This is one of the most striking manifestations of the better side of child-nature and deserves a chapter to itself.