- a building or group of buildings for nuns; convent.
- Yes, the capricious, man-eating screen siren has, quite literally, gotten thee to a nunnery.
- I shall get the place full of a jolly lot of girls, and Wendover Park won't be no mouldy church, nor no bloomin' nunnery.
- Another cause of its unfavourable reception seems to have been, its second title of "Love in a Nunnery."
- Oh, restore to me my maiden quietude, in my nunnery of Subiaco—when the night was so calm in my cell.
- As its unearthly glow irradiated the world around him, reversing its light and shade, the visions of the nunnery recurred.
- The child was then to be conveyed to the nunnery, her husband being deluded into the belief that she had miscarried.