- the office, rank, or term of office of a prior.
- a priory.
- His election to the priorate was the most important event in Dante's public life.
- He always refused a priorate (although he could have obtained many, had he wished), and also the office of provincial.
- After he became provincial, he left the islands with the priorate of Ibabay for that of Tigbauan.
- Soon after the arrival of the said visitor, that priorate falling vacant, he appointed me to it, and for the sake of the vote.
- Our father Fray Vicente chose him as his associate, and immediately gave him the priorate of Agonoy.