- a stretch of usually level land that is sparsely vegetated or barren
- My three favorite episodes are probably “College,” “Pine Barrens,” and “Amour Fou.”
- He was nominated for an Emmy for directing the 2001 episode “Pine Barrens,” which Winters wrote.
- Everywhere the small man has been forced to retire into forests, deserts, and icy barrens before the taller and stronger man.
- Unproductive wastes, sandy barrens, and useless underbrush now greet the eye.
- We see him emerging upon the Kentucky barrens which were covered with vegetation and open for the sweep of the eye.
- It is supposed that the pine barrens towards Texas, if explored, would add to the number.
- From this appearance it was inferred that the soil was of inferior quality, and these tracts were denominated "barrens."