- a barren area in which soft rock strata are eroded into varied, fantastic forms.
- The Daily Beast found out with the help of nationally ranked competitive eater Eric ‘Badlands’ Booker.
- Badlands ate, slowly at first; this was a casual snack after all, not a contest.
- Rank be damned, 45-year-old Badlands still looks hungry to me, and manages to gobble 12 plates in all, with grace.
- Badlands is has got to be pushing 300 pounds and is one of the few really hyperadiposic entrants.
- She received a life sentence for her part in a killing spree that inspired a Springsteen song and the movie Badlands.
- All have had to cross their Badlands, ride roughshod above the timberline or grab for cover to avoid a ricochet.
- Along a makeshift road into the badlands trucks brought crushed lime and phosphorus to supplement the ocean sediment.
- All the raids along the east coast; everybody's blamed them on the Badlands gangs.
- And a variegated mass in the distance marked the Rainbow Buttes, rising isolated and alone from out the badlands.
- The least chipmunk is common in the buttes and associated badlands where it most frequently inhabits rocky areas.