- the palace of the Moorish kings in Seville, Spain: later used by Spanish kings.
- alcazar, a castle or fortress of the Spanish Moors.
- On his departure from the Alcazar, the warden thought it prudent to send a person to observe his movements.
- Peter's memories of that strange day in the Alcazar at Seville always remained somewhat dim and blurred.
- He also galloped off to the palace, or alcazar, and was not seen to return; but next day the White Cat was still more sorrowful.
- At the end of the third day he had walked so quickly that he stood before the secret entrance to the alcazar of Al Rachid.
- I have already mentioned the great Alcazar, and the old town walls and gateways.