seat 的 3 个定义
- something designed to support a person in a sitting position, as a chair, bench, or pew; a place on or in which one sits.
- the part of a chair, sofa, or the like, on which one sits.
- the part of the body on which one sits; the buttocks.
- to place on a seat or seats; cause to sit down.
- to usher to a seat or find a seat for: to be seated in the front row.
- to have seats for; accommodate with seats: a theater that seats 1200 people.
- to be closed or in proper position: Be sure that the cap of the dipstick seats.
furniture for sitting, reclining
central location of organization
rear end of animate being
place in furniture, position
- seat of the pants, by the
- backseat driver
- catbird seat
- hot seat
- in the driver's seat
- ringside seat
- take a back seat
- If Biden wins the election, the Democratic Party will almost certainly gain seats in the US Senate.
- Right now, people think like, “All right, I go past this place and all these seats are outside and people are hanging out.”
- We use each seat’s predicted probabilities to run simulations of the 2018 congressional elections.
- By that point, Perry had reclaimed his seat on the board of Energy Transfer and acquired its stock.
- For the past three years, the share of new board seats filled by nonwhite candidates has remained stalled at 23%.
- They want to change bad behaviors—tobacco, alcohol, using a seat belt, anything.
- On the Democratic side, many expect former Rep. Mike McMahon to make another run at the seat.
- Interestingly, if Grimm is expelled, he is not legally prohibited from running in the special election for his seat.
- This means every Senate seat will be Republican, and 80 percent of the House seats will be, too.
- There, he allegedly pulled her into the back seat of his black Pontiac.
- Aristide replaced the baby, and with a complicated arrangement of string fastened it securely to the seat.
- Pierre Van Cortlandt, a distinguished revolutionary patriot, died at his seat at Croton river, aged 94.
- Aristide clambered back to his seat, took the child on his knees, and commiserated it profoundly.
- He deposited it on the vacant seat, clambered up behind the wheel, and started.
- De Castellor was now in his seat; and when Castanos came off; the Duke was stunned into stupor, overcome by the illimitable ruin.