plant 的 2 个定义
- any member of the kingdom Plantae, comprising multicellular organisms that typically produce their own food from inorganic matter by the process of photosynthesis and that have more or less rigid cell walls containing cellulose, including vascular plants, mosses, liverworts, and hornworts: some classification schemes may include fungi, algae, bacteria, blue-green algae, and certain single-celled eukaryotes that have plantlike qualities, as rigid cell walls or photosynthesis.
- an herb or other small vegetable growth, in contrast with a tree or a shrub.
- a seedling or a growing slip, especially one ready for transplanting.
- to put or set in the ground for growth, as seeds, young trees, etc.
- to furnish or stock with plants: to plant a section with corn.
- to establish or implant: to plant a love for learning in growing children.
organism belonging to the vegetable kingdom
factory and its buildings, equipment
put in the ground for growing
- Further evidence has come from two more recent outbreaks, the first at a seafood processing plant in Oregon and the second at a chicken processing plant in Arkansas.
- Nearly one in every three of the plants had pesticide levels known to be lethal to monarchs.
- Wadley’s team also found bits of burned wood in the bedding containing fragments of camphor leaves, an aromatic plant that can be used as a bug repellent.
- Altogether, 9% of the nation’s meat plant workers—around 30,000 people—have contracted the virus, according to a recent analysis by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- The biggest machine learning algorithms use closer to a nuclear power plant’s worth of electricity and racks of chips to learn.
- His most recommended plant was tree ivy—its juices sprayed up the nostrils.
- There was Petr Miller, a forgeman from the Prague ČKD plant.
- His first feature film, Jellyfish Eyes, debuted last year and was set in a town near a threatening nuclear power plant.
- Same for driveway pavers and meat and poultry plant workers.
- Some of those songs now have names other than Page and Robert Plant in their credits.
- As there are still many varieties of the plant grown in America, so there doubtless was when cultivated by the Indians.
- The plant as a whole remains green until late in the autumn.
- The Smooth Naked Horsetail is a common plant, specially by the sides of streams and pools.
- The relation existing between the balmy plant and the commerce of the world is of the strongest kind.
- Tobacco is a strong growing plant resisting heat and drought to a far (p. 018) greater extent than most plants.