- the place, especially the house, in which a person lives or resides; dwelling; home: Their residence is in New York City.
- a structure serving as a dwelling or home, especially one of large proportion and superior quality: They have a summer residence in Connecticut.
- the act or fact of residing: during his residence in Spain.
- the act of living or staying in a specified place while performing official duties, carrying on studies or research, awaiting a divorce, etc.: She will spend two terms in resident at Oxford University.
- the time during which a person resides in a place: a residence there of five years.
- the location of the main offices or principal center of business activity of a commercial enterprise, especially a large corporation, as registered under law.
- Chemistry. residence time.
place for living
- OSSE told her that the school had given her old address in Alexandria as her residence.
- Most limit indoor gatherings to 10 people, while others specify that those 10 can’t come from more than two households—so you’ll need to check with your state of residence.
- Several sources told FBK that Putin takes “select” guests including world leaders to the palace for the “real fun”, after meetings in his official residence in Sochi, which the independent investigative news site Proekt has confirmed, says Pevchikh.
- The New York Association for the Aging has deployed some of its local offices’ staffers to take digital tablets to seniors residences to help sign them up for appointments.
- Some opened up residence halls more broadly and taught mostly in person.
- In order to extend their legal residence in the United States, they had to obtain other visas.
- He speaks while sipping a soda in the restaurant of the Residence Victoria in downtown Kisangani.
- A federal Home Affordable Refinance Program paperwork T.P.ing of our residence.
- Her official residence is the New Orleans house she and her siblings grew up in – the home where her parents still live.
- In early September 2014 residence of Mashhad city in northeastern iran reported graffiti hailing ISIS.
- The governor of the fortress was provided with a safe residence in Egypt, and an annual pension of 75,000 piasters.
- And, leaving there, the Sieur sailed for Port Royal, the place of his residence.
- Maria Edgworth, the popular and distinguished authoress, died at her residence in Edgworthstown, Ireland.
- He turned into this, to where his aunt lived some distance out in the most exclusive part of its residence section.
- We admired his beautiful garden and charming residence, built, with great good taste, in the Italian style.