rack 的 3 个定义
- a framework of bars, wires, or pegs on which articles are arranged or deposited: a clothes rack; a luggage rack.
- a fixture containing several tiered shelves, often affixed to a wall: a book rack;a spice rack.
- a spreading framework set on a wagon for carrying hay, straw, or the like, in large loads: It's an old wagon, but the bale rack is new.
- to torture; distress acutely; torment: His body was racked with pain.
- to strain in mental effort: to rack one's brains.
- to strain by physical force or violence: Was this suspect racked into a confession?
- rack out, Slang. to go to bed; go to sleep: I racked out all afternoon.
- rack up, Pool.to put in a rack: You rack 'em up, and I'll break.Informal.to tally, accumulate, or amass, as an achievement or score: The corporation racked up the greatest profits in its history.
- rack and ruin, go to
- rack one's brain
- rack out
- rack up
- on the rack
- At an Albertson’s in South San Francisco, for example, customers blithely shop around an automated rack-and-tote system at the store’s center that preps orders for pickup and delivery.
- The decree also put in place an early warning system for officers racking up use-of-force incidents at a high rate.
- I’m eyeing Tern’s HSD, which can stand vertically on its rear rack, with fold-down handlebars for the smallest storage footprint possible.
- Throughout the course of your day you’ll tend to be four or five out of a five-scale on average, but it doesn’t mean you don’t rack up ones and twos and threes.
- Make things complicatedEven if you’ve got no decent option to lock your bike to, like a rack or a lamppost, you’re never out of options.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until set.
- The clever crooks managed to rack up $2 million in profits over a year, Ares said.
- Whereas other brands purchase their barrels from big producers more or less off the rack, The Macallan starts in the forest.
- He put them in glamorous gowns, yes, but also encouraged them to buy trendier ready-to-wear labels off the rack.
- Jenny and Ichabod rack their brains before eventually deciding to hunt for the missing Franklin documents at the archives.
- The whole thing begins to have a jigsaw look, like a child's toy rack with wooden soldiers on it, expanding and contracting.
- They were condemned on confessions of Islamism and paganism, extorted by the rack, and afterwards retracted.
- The equilibrium valve is unchanged, except that the rack is taken out and a link put in.
- The exhaust-valve is exactly as when it was put in, worked by a rack-and-tooth segment.
- Best of all, there hung upon the wall of this chamber a little book-rack filled with well-selected literature.