- a limit; boundary
- something that restrains or confines, esp the standards of a societywithin the bounds of modesty
- beat the bounds See beat
bounds 的近义词 32 个
- having no alternative
- under compulsion
- under necessity
bounds 的反义词 6 个
- If the operation caused no physical damage, it would be in bounds.
- If it was the United States, the operation will test the bounds of international law.
- Cosby is hardly the first star to step outside the bounds of marriage.
- Thanks to George no topic is out of bounds, no language is off limits.
- Inside the quarantine zone, even more specific procedures were outlined to keep those within the bounds of it safe.
- Say that my anger has no bounds—that my heart is breaking—will break and kill me, if he persists in his ingratitude and cruelty.
- He now knew no bounds to his wrath; and he proclaimed it in such a manner, that the terrified priest flew before him.
- The light which discovered its dismal bounds to his solitary eyes, came from a small grated aperture in the vaulted roof.
- It was a great thing to see the future King and Queen of England, and our loyalty and enthusiasm knew no bounds.
- Soon he begins to trot, and, when he thinks himself out of sight, bounds off like a greyhound.