stomach 的 2 个定义
- Anatomy, Zoology. a saclike enlargement of the alimentary canal, as in humans and certain animals, forming an organ for storing, diluting, and digesting food.such an organ or an analogous portion of the alimentary canal when divided into two or more sections or parts.any one of these sections.
- Zoology. any analogous digestive cavity or tract in invertebrates.
- the part of the body containing the stomach; belly or abdomen.
- to endure or tolerate: I can't stomach your constant nagging.
- Obsolete. to be offended at or resent.
digestive organ of animate being; exterior
- Instead, the Regimbartia attenuata will travel down the frog’s throat, swim through the stomach and slide along the intestines.
- Despite this added security, you can still try your luck lying down on your stomach and holding on tightly to the handles at the top of the tube—if you dare.
- Sometimes when you’re out there, you have to tie yourself to rocks and crawl around on your stomach to keep from getting blown away.
- This stomach is a “kind of a fossil within a fossil,” says paleontologist Caleb Brown.
- A newly analyzed fossil stomach reveals what a dino had dined on shortly before it died.
- Is there a more dreadful sensation than that of your stomach wringing itself out like a washcloth?
- I am fortunate that I have never been deathly ill, but whenever I have the stomach flu, I most certainly feel like I am dying.
- Kanye refuses to stomach any rejection, no matter how upper crust.
- Against this backdrop, Paul breaking bread with Sharpton may be too much for Republican primary voters to watch or stomach.
- “I would recommend ginger tea first thing in the morning as a great way to ward off an upset stomach,” says White.
- (b) Diseases of the stomach associated with deficient hydrochloric acid, as chronic gastritis and gastric cancer.
- Then she would turn him over on his back and paddle his stomach with a ladle to make sure that he was well filled!
- Since he died from cancer in the stomach, he could retain very little food.
- When a malarious person is bitten by a mosquito, the gametes are taken with the blood into its stomach.
- If it be suspected that the stomach will not be empty, it should be washed out with water the evening before.