belly 的 4 个定义
- the front or under part of a vertebrate body from the breastbone to the pelvis, containing the abdominal viscera; the abdomen.
- the stomach with its adjuncts.
- appetite or capacity for food; gluttony.
- to fill out; swell: Wind bellied the sails.
- to swell out: Sails bellying in the wind.
- to crawl on one's belly: soldiers bellying through a rice paddy.
- belly up, Informal. to approach closely, especially until one is in physical contact: to belly up to a bar.to curry favor from: Would you have gotten the promotion if you hadn't bellied up to the boss?
- This tube comes with two tow points, which means you can sit back and relax as your boat pulls from your feet or go for a more adventurous ride by lying on your belly and holding onto the chariot.
- Otherwise we ought to crawl on our bellies, hold fast to anything different from ourselves—as positive adheres to negative—and never clean our rooms.
- The authors first honed in on an acupoint called ST25 near the belly region.
- In its belly, scientists found mostly fern leaves along with small amounts of palmlike cycads and conifer needles.
- The vehicle spun its two front wheels to shove under its belly the seeds that had been ahead of it.
- She attends hip-hop and belly dance classes (known as Arabic dance in Iran) just to shine more at parties.
- He holds them on his belly and looks at them with a magnifying glass, studying possible escape routes.
- Previously they were general contractors until the economy went belly up in 2008.
- The gosling's best chance at surviving the jump is to bounce off the cliff on its soft belly.
- All you could see was the area from her belly button to her knees.
- There is a companion who condoleth with his friend for his belly's sake, and he will take up a shield against the enemy.
- In the beautiful modelled violin this is provided for in the rise of the back and belly.
- Delancy caught it with one arm and a belly and passed it back through the door to Squid Murphy who was standing just outside.
- The bridge should be fitted as accurately as the post, and as though it grew from the belly, the feet touching equally all round.
- No hard feelings, chiseler, but I sure would like to put a couple of slugs in your belly!