- the quality or state of being turbulent; violent disorder or commotion.
- Hydraulics. the haphazard secondary motion caused by eddies within a moving fluid.
- Meteorology. irregular motion of the atmosphere, as that indicated by gusts and lulls in the wind.
- As with many companies in the media sector, Taboola and Outbrain’s businesses suffered turbulence as the coronavirus took hold in March and advertisers reined in their spending in the initial months of the pandemic.
- Unlike every other instance of turbulence that has ever been observed on Earth, Irvine’s blob isn’t a messy patch in a flowing stream of liquid, gas or plasma, or up against a wall.
- The blob is a cloud of turbulence in a large water tank in the lab of the University of Chicago physicist William Irvine.
- Irvine and Matsuzawa tightly control the loops that are the blob’s building blocks and study the resulting confined turbulence up close and at length.
- He argued that central banks had gone from “volatility machines” to hyperactive suppressors of economic and financial turbulence.
- Turbulence begins, and the only thing in the world we want is to not be on this damn plane.
- Could his recent turbulence also explain why Efron spends most of his upcoming movie, Neighbors, with his body on display?
- No matter how they died, there is certainly turbulence ahead in North Korea—and the Chinese are running for cover.
- Returning to the U.S., I was mired in ideological turbulence.
- I saw two fold-out seats used by flight attendants during takeoff, landing and turbulence.
- From the depths of his mind came a warning, a restless unease that took root and blossomed into turbulence.
- The year 1846 closed over the Iberian peninsula in discord, turbulence, and woe.
- Calumny, with its hundred tongues, exaggerated the turbulence of the people, and invented wild tales of violence.
- The easygoing paternal rule was to come to an end, and a long period of bloodshed and turbulence was to succeed.
- To this desperate resolve he was driven by the increasing turbulence of Italian affairs.