- Baseball. a place where relief pitchers warm up during a game.the relief pitchers on a team.
- Informal. a large cell or room, usually next to the courtroom, where prisoners are temporarily held.a large room in an office occupied by many employees.
- any temporary or crowded quarters, as sleeping quarters in a lumber camp.
- a pen for a bull or bulls.
等同于 relief pitcher
- To Palmer, the coincidence of his bullpen exile and his return to form was galling.
- You know, he does the same thing in Dallas Buyers Club in the bullpen!
- Eventually it got to be too much and NBC had to go to the bullpen.
- Senators manager Bucky Harris signaled to the bullpen to send in a right-hander named Paul Hopkins.
- When Strauss-Kahn crossed that bridge, he was delivered to Intake—or, as we inmates call it, “the bullpen.”
- When in the "bullpen" Schrank's fellow prisoners shrank away from him.