- having or showing pleasant, good-natured personal qualities; affable: an amiable disposition.
- friendly; sociable: an amiable greeting; an amiable gathering.
- agreeable; willing to accept the wishes, decisions, or suggestions of another or others.
- Obsolete. lovable or lovely.
pleasant and friendly
- "Happiness is not a destination or a goal," says Birndorf, who has a youthful amiability that Danziger says draws people out.
- Garnache assured him very briefly, and none too politely that he did not intend to prove of any excessive amiability.
- Great encomiums have been passed upon his genius and learning, as well as the amiability of his private character.
- There was but one opinion of his character, and that was expressive of his kindness and amiability.
- In any case nothing apparently occurred to disturb the amiability of either monarch.
- For this refinement resulted in a uniform amiability which left you quite in the dark as to the real nature of the man.