upright 的 4 个定义
- erect or vertical, as in position or posture.
- raised or directed vertically or upward.
- adhering to rectitude; righteous, honest, or just: an upright person.
- being in accord with what is right: upright dealings.
- the state of being upright or vertical.
- something standing erect or vertical, as a piece of timber.
- an upright piano.
- Usually uprights. Chiefly Football. the goalposts.
- in an upright position or direction; vertically.
- to make upright.
upright 的近义词 33 个
- up front
upright 的反义词 25 个
- Think upright, eye level with your computer, and with your back fully supported.
- It will usually be a classic upright, without the ability to transform to a handheld, and with very few additional tools or features.
- Very often back problems are caused by a lack of core stability—your core being the muscles around your abdomen that keep you upright.
- It provides a base to transfer power between the upper and lower body and gives you the stability to move swiftly and stay upright in unpredictable terrain.
- Instead of lugging a heavy upright vacuum out of the closet, you just pop this one off its wall charger and go to town.
- As I tried to get upright, I realized with horror that the blood was my own.
- He slept in an upright position in a custom armchair, so the reasons for his lying down to sleep are open to speculation.
- They look like evil corn silos or upright storm sewers or a trio of escaped steroidal church organ pipes wearing party hats.
- So why not keep all passengers in the ‘upright position’ when they fly?
- In a dim backroom of a mud hut in Save, 82-year-old Teresa Nyirabutunda sits propped upright in bed by her daughter, Francine.
- In shape it is curved, like those things for candles attached to upright pianos, but with a weighted foot to hold it firm.
- Mrs. Ducksmith, who had sat with overwhelmed head in her hands, started bolt upright, and looked at him like one thunderstruck.
- He had a flashlight gun in his right hand, and a photographer's tripod was propped upright between his knees.
- The sick woman had raised herself upright, and was stretching her arms towards them.
- The boiler was of six wrought-iron upright tubes, one within the other.