- organization; arrangement.
- an act or instance of setting up or getting ready: The setup of the lights and camera took most of the morning.
- the carriage of the body; bearing.
- a camera position, as for a particular shot.
- everything required for an alcoholic drink except the liquor, as a glass, ice, and soda water, as served to patrons who provide their own liquor.
- Informal. an undertaking or contest deliberately made easy.a match or game arranged with an opponent who can be defeated without risk or effort.an opponent easy to defeat.
- Sports. a shot or play that results in a puck, shuttlecock, ball, or balls being so positioned as to provide a player with an easy opportunity for a winning shot: a playmaker who excels in setups.the position of such a puck, ball, etc.: a setup close to and to the left of the goalkeeper.the puck, ball, etc., itself: The wing banged the setup into the goal.
- an arrangement of all the tools, parts, apparatus, etc., necessary for any of various specific jobs or purposes.
- the equipment or items necessary for a particular activity or period; kit: Each student gets a weekly setup of clean blankets, sheets, and towels.
- a plan or projected course of action.
- a prearranged situation or circumstance, usually created to fool or trap someone; trick; scheme.
accompaniments for alcoholic beverages
- According to agency executives, the split ad server setups limit the companies’ abilities to completely rein in ad exposures.
- In their setup, a masked person in a dark room speaks into a wide laser beam.
- That barebones setup served the startup well, generating $13 million in revenue for 2019, according to the company.
- The reason why so many DTC brands still use Shopify is because they haven’t grown to the point where they require a more unique e-commerce setup.
- Given this setup, you can then start to analyze the line using the techniques of two-dimensional geometry.
- The amenities include a fitness room, a sauna, a beauty parlor, and a karaoke setup.
- He was actually outside the age range for what my account was setup for.
- In one passage Brother Consolmango explains the setup of daily life as a science priest.
- It seemed crammed with characters, and like a setup film for The Sinister Six spin-off.
- After the Al Jazeera crew ran from the gas, police broken down their light setup and pointed their cameras at the ground.
- He said quickly: "Come to think of it, Arnold did mention that he was here most of last night, working on setup."
- Something about the conditional setup seemed to give me an idea.
- Without your setup, think of all the people that might have been killed or injured!
- In the meantime, Bud and I will go to work on this setup here.
- Think what a wonderful 'inside man' he'd make in the enemy setup!