rearward 的 3 个定义
- Also rearwards. toward or in the rear.
- located in, near, or toward the rear.
- directed toward the rear.
- a position at the rear: in the rearward of fashion.
- Also Obsolete, rere·ward . the rear division of a military unit; rear guard.
- Practically, there is no noticeable rearward pushback [because] the weight of the gun slows [it] down.
- Here was such natural cover as a man would be likely to seek in working his way surreptitiously rearward.
- He moved on without further word, and Kentucky continued his rearward journey.
- The French position about Sedan was covered to rearward by the fortress.
- The 12th Division was encamped at Fontenay and rearward as far as Chtenay.
- Between them is the loveliest little bay; and behind them green wooded slopes rise toward the rearward mountain of the Souffrière.