abaft 的 2 个定义
- to the rear of; aft of: the fife rail abaft the mainmast.
- in the direction of the stern; astern; aft.
to the rear
- The corvette stood on the opposite tack until well abaft the beam.
- Their leading ship a little abaft our lee-beam, distant one league.
- After that Tom led the way to the cook's galley, a mere closet of a place just abaft the foremast.
- A little abaft her beam a tugboat was blowing one long and two short, indicating her tow.
- Christy gave his mother and sister places on the sofa abaft of the wheel, and then looked into the position of the steamer.