congress 的 2 个定义
- the national legislative body of the U.S., consisting of the Senate, or upper house, and the House of Representatives, or lower house, as a continuous institution.this body as it exists for a period of two years during which it has the same membership: the Ninety-Seventh Congress.a session of this body: to speak in Congress.
- the national legislative body of a nation, especially of a republic.
- a formal meeting or assembly of representatives for the discussion, arrangement, or promotion of some matter of common interest.
- to assemble together; meet in congress.
delegation of representatives
- Pauli wrote to Jung reporting a dream he had about a physics congress with many participants.
- Historically the reelection rate for members of Congress is in the area of 95 percent.
- The breakdown of the 114th Congress is 80 percent white, 80 percent male, and 92 percent Christian.
- With all that said, representation of each of these respective communities has increased in the new Congress.
- This Congress will welcome more women than ever before at 19 percent of the House and 20 percent of the Senate.
- How far has Congress really evolved on race when in 50 years it has gone from one black senator to two?
- In nine days he returned, bringing us the thanks of congress, and fresh orders.
- He was a member of the first provincial congress, and eighteen years lieutenant governor of the state of New York.
- Our army, under the command of General Houston, was in front of Harrisburg, to which place the congress had retreated.
- Congress declared the authority of England over the thirteen colonies abolished.
- During the revolutionary war he was commissary-general to the Pennsylvania division, and printer to congress.