- a slaughterhouse.
- Germany’s largest pork plant was shuttered for a month this summer after more than 1,000 workers tested positive for Covid-19, and additional abattoirs also faced temporary closures from outbreaks.
- Such an abattoir would never be permitted to continue in the United States, or indeed the developed (and white) world.
- A few weeks later the monks laid siege to a Muslim-owned abattoir in Colombo to halt the slaughter of cattle.
- The abattoir was being used as a distribution plant for the meat of cattle slaughtered outside the city.
- A view down into the wild, Art Deco abattoir now called the 1933 Center in Shanghai.
- And there is the master of our largest and goriest abattoir.
- It was only a scratch and he had been knocked down like a beef in an abattoir by an unseen enemy, on whom he could not lay hands!
- Have you ever seen a herd of cattle being driven to abattoir on a fine May morning?
- Ay—and the abattoir is far, though its perfume is nigh; it is thrice a hundred yards from hence.
- Probably it would be hung up in some abattoir, where oxen are driven in at one end, and tinned meat taken out at the other.