- a large, nocturnal, burrowing mammal, Orycteropus afer, of central and southern Africa, feeding on ants and termites and having a long, extensile tongue, strong claws, and long ears.
- Rafting likely explains how Afrotheria, the group containing elephants and aardvarks, got to Africa.
- Ed Markey (D-MA) appeared with Arthur the Aardvark, the star of the PBS show Arthur, to promote funding for public broadcasting.
- XG Ventures has invested in over 45 companies with fifteen exits, including such companies as Tapulous, Posterous, and Aardvark.
- The name ant-eater is also given to the pangolins and to the aardvark.
- They got him in the hole like an aardvark, with a bush over the mouth, so you couldn't see it.
- The girl turned like a frightened aardvark, still holding the cromorne in her hand.