edentate 的 2 个定义
- belonging or pertaining to the Edentata, an order of New World mammals characterized by the absence of incisors and canines in the arrangement of teeth and comprising the armadillos, the sloths, and the South American anteaters.
- an edentate mammal.
- No hylid genus is edentate, and none has either T-shaped terminal phalanges or the unusual dorsal spinules.
- Armadillo, rm-a-dil′o, n. a small American edentate quadruped, having its body armed with bands of bony plates:—pl.
- The Glyptodon was a mailed edentate, eight feet long, resembling the little armadillo.
- Edentate animals, such as the sloth, are without teeth, or at least are without the incisors.
- I observe that Rudolphi distinctly refers to this edentate as the tamandua.