spare tire 的定义
- a tire used or kept available as an emergency replacement on a vehicle.
- Informal. excess fat around the waistline.
spare tire 近义词
extra fat around waistline
- The truck’s full-size spare tire stows in a bin beneath the bed.
- Inside the engine compartment, underneath the spare tire in the trunk, and any junctures where the car is put together might accumulate outside trash that doesn’t belong.
- It’s gonna help us get by, but if we think that we can try to drive with a spare tire for too long, the car is going to break down somewhere else.
- The well where your spare tire lives is perfect for a small battery or nonessential gear.
- If the idea of a religious vigilante ambushing sex workers in his spare time sets off alarm bells, it probably should.
- Who knew explaining how to change a tire and back out of a ditch could be so seductive?
- After a tire-puncturing spree in late October, 17-year-old Laquan McDonald was shot dead by a police officer in Chicago.
- The group encompasses Byrne's art-rock solitariness and the dissociation effects in the spare—somewhat Godardian—staging.
- We met on the third floor of a shabby building in Asadabad in an impossibly spare room that we dragged cushions into.
- There seems something in that also which I could spare only very reluctantly from a new Bible in the world.
- He threw himself on his knees, begging us, in the name of God and all the saints, to spare his life.
- Harry took his bed into the spare-room, and Black Sheep lay down to die.
- You may rest assured that I will spare no time or attention to promote the performance of this engine.
- I assure you that it is as I say—neither at the post-house nor at any of the inns I visited could I find me a spare horse.